1. Chairman of the Pinzgau section of the DuOEAV 1872 – 1880
was the driving force behind the creation of the first waterfall path, which led from the valley basin over the three waterfall levels to the entrance to the Krimmler Achental. The path, built in 1878/79, was not based on the orographically right, centuries-old Tauernweg, but opened up the waterfalls on the orographically left, better visible side. Fixed railings, vantage points and pulpits led the visitors in serpentines up close to the natural spectacle. The Riemannkanzel commemorates the active honorary chairman of the Pinzgau section, who was born in Posen (Prussia) and whose whole love was for the Pinzgau mountains.